Sutra of the day

Bura Jo Dekhan Main Chala, Bura Naa Milya Koye

Jo Munn Khoja Apnaa, To Mujhse Bura Naa Koye

They read me regularly

Wednesday, March 4, 2009


Yama (5 rules important for peaceful living in society.)

1. Ahimsa – Non Violence . It unites you with the whole creation. Everything is part of yourself, and since you do not harm yourself, how can you harm anything?
2. Satya – Truth. You don’t lie to yourself, do you? If you are wearing beads, you don’t say, “I am not wearing the beads.”
3. Achaurya - No regrets. Not missing what you don’t have at this moment. “I wish I had a voice like that person so I could sing like him, I wish I could run like him, I wish I could be intelligent” comparing yourself with others.
4. Brahmacharaya Not interested in small things, such as bodily shapes and forms. Brahma means “BIG” and acharaya means “Moving in the bigger things”. I am this, I am that, I am a man, I am a woman, I am good, I am bad, these are small identifications. Keep our mind on bigger things and see beyond the physical. Seeing the infinite is Brahmacharaya.
5. Aparigraha – Not taking what people give you. You often take insults willingly than compliments. You know people sometimes not giving insults but simply taking the insults out of their pockets. You just go and grab them and keep them safe with yourself. That is what most people do.

Niyama (5 rules for inner development.)
1. Shaucha – Cleanliness. Showering everyday. Keep yourself clean, wear clean clothes and see don’t have bad breath.
2. Santosha – Contentment. Be happy. If you don’t take a step to be happy, nothing in this world can make you happy. You will complaining about this and that. How do you want to live the rest of your life – the next 30,40,50 years? With a smile or with a grumbling face, the choice is yours.
3. Tapas – Forbearance or penance. Something is uncomfortable, but you still put up with it and happily. Tapas we have to take it, to forebear.
4. Svadhyaya – Self study. Observe your mind and see what your mind says. Observe how you behave and how you react. Whether you are feeling good or bad, just observe will change. Knowing this will bring peace.
5. Ishvarapranidhana – Love of the Divine and surrender to the Divine. Whe you feel that you are totally helpless, you say “Oh God and surrender your situation to the Divine. This connection with the Divine is Ishvarapranidhana

These ten rules make you very strong, whole and complete. To feel clean inside, we have two things “SO HUM” and “SO WHAT”.

“SO WHAT” will definitely work and if it dosen’t then “SO HUM” will certainly work.

No comments: